Sunday 15 December 2013

A well written essay by our P3 student Darius Tham on mistaken identity


"A mistaken identity" by Darius Tham P3-7 Mee Toh Primary School

    "Today's math test was so easy!" I mumbled to myself as I was walking home from school. The sun was scorching hot in the sky. I was perspiring profusely. I was eager to go home and make myself a cup of icy "Ribena".

      As I was walking towards  my flat, I saw a tall, bulky man walking towards me. I felt butterflies in my stomach as he has shifty eyes and looked scary. He was talking to himself as he walked towards me. I intend to launch an attack on him when he came nearer.  As he walked closer to me, I hit him with my file! The next moment was unbelievable! His Bluetooth device dropped out from his ear! I felt so embarrassed. He yelled at me, " What are you doing little boy?" I stammered,"Sorr...Sorry, Uncle!"

      I felt very guilty seeing him nursing the bruise. He picked up his Bluetooth device and stomped away in anger. I felt so guilty and confused. How could I be so careless? I had actually hurt someone who was innocent. I walked home in guilt.

    I went home and told my parents about it. It was a lesson learnt. I will never act before thinking through things carefully again!

Teacher's comments:
Good essay Darius! The idea flowed beautifully and the selection of words is good! Keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment